Hearings and business meetings conducted by the Board of Executive Clemency are usually held at 1645 West Jefferson Street in Phoenix, Arizona 85007. Hearings begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Thursday. When a hearing or business meeting is held at an alternate location, the location will be noted on the Board’s calendar (see Calendar Section). All hearing and business meetings held by the Board are deemed Public Meetings in accordance with applicable law.
The following items are not permitted inside the 1645 West Jefferson Street facility except as provided by law.
- Knife, cutting tool or instrument.
- Drug paraphernalia
- Explosive devices
- Brass knuckles, sap, club, nightstick, baton etc.
- MACE or similar chemical agent
- Any other item determined to pose a threat to the general public or Board personnel.
Any person found to possess any the above noted items will be denied entry into the 1645 W. Jefferson Street facility until those items are removed from their person and secured at a different location. Department of Public Safety officers will be contacted if illegal contraband is discovered.
Denial of Entry
Visitors shall be denied entry to the board's business office and/or visitation area, if the person:
- Is found to possess any contraband as listed under Prohibited Items
- Fails to provide identification upon request
- Uses abusive language and or engages in actions or conduct which disrupts the safety, security and the orderly hearing processes conducted by the Board